Thesaurus of Diatonic Sets (2013)by Vic DillahayA guide to the diatonic scale.
The Thesaurus of Diatonic Sets is a guide to all of the sets formed by the diatonic or any other seven note scale. Every possible set is listed along with their descriptions, diatonic interval vectors, subsets, supersets, and sets which contain no common tones.
This book is ordered logically, starting by number of notes. Sets of the same number of notes are then grouped by intervallic content and each group is named for a common chord formed by it. These chords are then placed in order from those with the most evenly distributed intervals to those with the least. Finally, the sets in each group are listed by the root of their chord in order of scale degree, from I through VII.
The user of this guide can quickly find:
- Pitch collections for improvisation that reinforce or extend the sounding harmony.
- Harmonic progressions to outline a given mode.
- Mutually exclusive triads and 7th chords.
- Closely or distantly related chords.
- Author: Vic Dillahay
- Publisher: Curious Automata
- Catalog Number: 130820a
- Released: August 20th, 2013
- Format: Paperback
- Dimensions: 8.5 x 0.7 x 11 inches
- Pages: 322
- ISBN: 1491003936
- ISBN-13: 978-1491003930
- UPC: 781491003930