Vibraphonist Peter Ehrmann and guitarist Vic Dillahay began working together in a modern jazz group, but the music of the swing era soon became their focus. “We would have rehearsals with Graphite Addiction but they often ended before Pete and I were ready to stop playing” explained Vic. “Since Pete’s vibes were already set up we decided he and I might as well play a few more tunes.” Those “few more tunes” soon turned into several dozen standards drawn from the golden age of American song and the after hours jam became a regular group.
This album is a collection of some of Pete and Vic’s favorites from those songs.
- How High the Moon (3:30) Morgan Lewis and Nancy Hamilton — Chappell & Co., Inc. (ASCAP)
- Bye Bye Blackbird (2:48) Ray Henderson and Mort Dixon — Olde Clover Leaf Music / Ray Henderson Music (ASCAP)
- When I Fall in Love (1:42) Victor Young and Edward Heyman — Intersong USA Inc / Chappell & Co., Inc. (ASCAP)
- Jersey Bounce (2:57) Tiny Bradshaw, Eddie Johnson, Bobby Plater and Robert Wright — Music Sales Corporation (ASCAP)
- I Could Write a Book (3:30) Richard Rodgers and Lorenzo Hart — Chappell & Co., Inc (ASCAP)
- Misty (2:13) Errol Garner — Octave Music Publishing (ASCAP)
- Oh, Lady Be Good (3:25) George Gershwin and Ira Gershwin — WB Music Corp. (ASCAP)
- A Foggy Day (2:53) George Gershwin and Ira Gershwin — WB Music Corp. (ASCAP)
- Peg O My Heart (2:48) Alfred Bryan and Fred Fisher — 1913
- Oseh Shalom (2:20) Traditional
Total Time – 28:06
For Jeanette, Howard, Robert, and Highway.
Recorded in Fort Collins, Colorado March 22nd and April 5th, 2013
with occasional noises provided by Rockett Poochy and Charlie Bear
Cover Photos by Dani Dillahay
Produced for Curious Automata by Vic Dillahay
℗ 2014 Peter Ehrmann and Victor Carlton Dillahay
All Rights Reserved