Extrapolations on a Familiar Theme (2023)by Richard Ellis, Louis Carrillo, Kendal CrewsDiving deep in Strange Brew.
On September 17th, 2003 in New Orleans guitarist Richard Ellis, percussionist Louis Carrillo, and bassist Kendal Crews decide to record their rehearsal.
After working on one cover song, they begin freely improvising. Rock, funk, jazz, and noise pour out. Decades of collective music making are distilled into creating a singular ecstatic moment.
These moments continue for hours. They are collected on "Disaster Sessions"
Now, 20 years after that day, the story is complete.
This is the spark that ignited it all. This is the familiar theme. Here begin the extrapolations.
- Guitar: Richard Ellis
- Percussion: Louis Carrillo
- Bass: Kendal Crews
- Recorded direct to 2-track cassette by Richard Ellis in New Orleans, Louisiana on September 17th, 2003.
- Mastering: audiosalvage
- Producers: Richard Ellis and Vic Dillahay
- Cover Design: Curious Automata
- Strange Brew (7:46)© 1967 Eric Clapton/Felix Pappalardi/Gail Collins QZPJ32286370
- Extrapolations (43:06)© 2023 Richard Ellis QZPJ32286371
- Label: Curious Automata
- Catalog Number: 230811A
- Released: August 8th, 2023
- Format: Digital
- Total Tracks: 2
- Duration: 50:52
- UPC: 198009320301