The Pete & Vic Duo (2014)by The Pete & Vic DuoSwing jazz from the golden age of the American songbook.
“Superb musicianship… to make such a dynamic, emotional take on “Ose Shalom” with just the vibes and acoustic… sounds wonderful!”Mike White
Vibraphonist Peter Ehrmann and guitarist Vic Dillahay began working together in a modern jazz group, but the music of the swing era soon became their focus. “We would have rehearsals with Graphite Addiction but they often ended before Pete and I were ready to stop playing” explained Vic. “Since Pete’s vibes were already set up we decided he and I might as well play a few more tunes.” Those “few more tunes” soon turned into several dozen standards drawn from the golden age of American song and the after hours jam became a regular group.
This album is a collection of some of Pete and Vic’s favorites from those songs.
- How High the Moon (3:30)© Morgan Lewis and Nancy Hamilton -- Chappell & Co., Inc. (ASCAP)
- Bye Bye Blackbird (2:48)© Ray Henderson and Mort Dixon -- Olde Clover Leaf Music / Ray Henderson Music (ASCAP)
- When I Fall in Love (1:42)© Victor Young and Edward Heyman -- Intersong USA Inc / Chappell & Co., Inc. (ASCAP)
- Jersey Bounce (2:57)© Tiny Bradshaw, Eddie Johnson, Bobby Plater and Robert Wright -- Music Sales Corporation (ASCAP)
- I Could Write a Book (3:30)© Richard Rodgers and Lorenzo Hart -- Chappell & Co., Inc (ASCAP)
- Misty (2:13)© Errol Garner -- Octave Music Publishing (ASCAP)
- Oh, Lady Be Good (3:25)© George Gershwin and Ira Gershwin -- WB Music Corp. (ASCAP)
- A Foggy Day (2:53)© George Gershwin and Ira Gershwin -- WB Music Corp. (ASCAP)
- Peg O My Heart (2:48)Written by Alfred Bryan and Fred Fisher, 1913
- Oseh Shalom (2:20)Traditional US‑DHM‑15‑22440
Cover from an image by Ingrid Taylar. Used under a Creative Commons Attribution license.
For Jeanette, Howard, Robert, and Highway.
- Label: Curious Automata
- Catalog Number: 140520a
- Released: May 20th, 2014
- Format: CD with Digital Single
- Total Tracks: 10
- Duration: 28:06
- UPC: 887936818806